Welcome to the Blessed Sacrament Youth Ministry
For any questions or for further information, please contact
Blessed Sacrament’s Youth Minister, Casey Esser
SOCIAL EVENTS AND OUTINGS – Open to participants in active ministries (see below) and any other interested teens grades 6-12.
Sign-up forms and permission slips will be posted for each of these events as they become available.
- Friday, October 28th: Back From the Dead Cemetery Walk at the Seton Shrine in Emmitsburg
- Friday, December 16th: Christmas Dinner, Gift Exchange, & Ice Skating
- Friday, January 27th: Youth Rally & Mass for Life; March for Life – approx. 6am to 4pm, grades 8-12 only
- Friday to Sunday, February 17-19: MOUNT 2000 at Mount St. Mary’s University – grades 9-12 only
- Spring 2017 (date TBA) – Sailing Trip
MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTRY
FAITH & SERVICE – On the first Friday of each month, all junior high students are invited to attend the 5:30pm Mass, followed by Faith & Service nights in the Auditorium. Each night, concluding at 8:00pm, includes:
- A pizza dinner and social time
- Icebreakers, games, music
- A talk or video clip introducing a topic of discussion on faith in our lives today
- A service project, e.g. making rosaries, writing letters to active-duty military, collection drives, etc.
Click Here to RSVP for Faith & Service nights.
HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH MINISTRY
*If teens are interested in becoming Catholic or have not received a certain Sacrament (Baptism, 1st Communion, Confirmation), they are encouraged to inquire so that arrangements can be made for them to prepare for the reception of these Sacraments.
BONFIRE NIGHT – On the second Friday of each month, high school students are invited to come and hang out for a bonfire. We will gather with friends and young adults to enjoy music, dinner, and marshmallows. Bonfire Nights will begin with 5:30pm Mass in the church and follow from 6-8pm in the rectory courtyard (or Parish Center 2nd floor in inclement weather).
Click Here to RSVP for Bonfire Nights.
HIGH SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM – We are now recruiting for the 2016-2017 High School Leadership Team.
This group of student leaders in grades 9-12 are charged with helping to plan and lead our monthly Faith & Service sessions (see above). The high school students are invited to help coordinate each month’s service project, lead small group discussions among the junior high students (training provided), and welcome new students, helping everyone to mix around and get to know one another.
Application Requirements for the High School Leadership Team:
- Student presently in grade 9-12 who has already received Confirmation
- Attends Sunday Mass (or Saturday vigil Mass) each week and receives the Sacrament of Penance (Confession) at least once per year
- Can commit to monthly leadership prep/training meetings
- Timing will be arranged to suit best availability of all HS leaders and Youth Minister
- Download now – HSLT Application
- Application may be submitted by email to or dropped off at the Parish Center in an envelope marked Attn: Casey Esser, Youth Minister
Service hours are available for those high school students who participate in the High School Leadership Team.
- Vacation Bible School – dates TBA, June 2017
- High School Youth Conference at Franciscan University of Steubenville in Ohio – dates TBA, July 2017
- LITE – Leaders Inspired To Evangelize: a summer leadership training for high school students, dates TBA