Child Protection Training
2. Read the CHILD PROTECTION HANDBOOK.
3. Print and sign the POLICY STATEMENT.
4. Return the completed forms (applications and policy statement) to the parish center. You should make a copy for your own records before doing so.
5. After you have submitted the forms, call the Archdiocese of Washington's Department of Employee and Volunteer Services to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted (fingerprinting is by appointment only):
- 301.853.4513 (press 2)
6. Bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Photo ID (with current address)
- Check or money order (NO CASH) made payable to CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) in the amount of $36.00 for volunteers OR $42.00 for employees.
- Signed Criminal Background Investigation Authorization
7. Once you have been fingerprinted, you must register for a one time, 3hr Protecting God's Children class. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to WWW.VIRTUS.ORG
- Click "Help" on the upper left side of the page
- Click "View a list of upcoming Protecting God’S Children Classes in Your Area"
- From the drop down menu, select "Washington, DC (Archiodese)"
- Once you decide which class to attend, click "Start Registration"
- Follow the prompts to register
For questions, please call the Parish Center at 202.966.6575.